Student Financial Assistance

To be considered for federal, state or institutional student financial aid, individuals must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Students must reapply each year. Applications may be filed after October 1 of each year for the following academic year. Students are encouraged to complete the FAFSA application online.

For students who do not have legal status in the United States including legal residency in Washington, they can use the Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA) to file an alternative to the FAFSA to be considered for state financial aid. More information may be found on the Washington Student Achievement Council (WSAC) website.

Applicants seeking further information and deadline dates should contact the Financial Aid Office or visit the college Financial Services webpage.

Many students who want to attend SPSCC need financial assistance to meet college costs. Grant assistance for eligible students is available through the Federal Pell Grant, Washington College Grant, and State Institutional Grant programs. A number of tuition waiver programs exist for individuals meeting specific criteria. There are employment opportunities through federal, state and institutional work-study employment programs. Students may apply for Ford Federal Direct Loans (need or non-need based) and the Parent Loan (PLUS) through the Financial Aid Office.

Many sources of financial aid are available from public and private agencies, including the Veterans Administration, Department of Vocational Rehabilitation, Bureau of Indian Affairs/Tribal Education Offices, and Department of Labor and Industries. Contact these agencies directly for eligibility requirements.