Policy Development Procedures
Vice Presidents and Chief Officers or their designees are responsible for the development and regular review of policies in their area.
Process for Policy Development:
1. Responsible administrative area develops the draft policy.
2. The policy draft goes to the Executive Leadership Team.
3. The policy draft goes to the AFT President.
4. The policy draft goes to the Diversity and Equity Advisory Committee.
5. The Executive Leadership Team recommends draft to President.
6. The President determines how the policy moves forward. The President can approve the policy or decide if the draft policy should go through the following process.
a. The draft goes to the administrative teams of the various areas and to the President’s Advisory Group (PAG).
b. The draft returns to the Executive Leadership Team for revisions.
c. The draft is then presented to the President’s Advisory Group (PAG) and/or other relevant Governance committees, by the relevant Vice President or Chief Officer, for input and/or recommendations.
d. Policy developer reviews input from the committees and prepares final draft and presents to the Executive Leadership Team.
e. Executive Leadership Team makes recommendation to the President.
f. President makes final decision regarding the policy.
Process for Policy Revision:
1. Responsible administrative area develops policy revision.
2. Revised policy is brought to the Executive Leadership Team for recommendation to the President.
3. President decides to accept recommendation and policy revision is implemented; or if the President deems the change to be substantial then the policy goes through step 6, a. through f. of the policy development process outlined above.